We would like to implement the support for analysis workflows in ctools, see the discussion at #1508.
The question is how exactly this should be done. This basically boils done to specifying the interface for defining the workflow.Here a number of options that are identified so far (list not exhaustive):
- use an existing workflow manager and interface (e.g. http://www.taverna.org.uk/download/workbench/2-5/astronomy/)
- create a cscripts code generator (producing a Python script that then needs to be executed)
- define a custom format for workflow definition (mor user friendly than XML?)
Please add your thoughts on this issue in this thread.
RE: Workflow implementation - Added by Knödlseder Jürgen over 6 years ago
- ESO reflex: https://www.eso.org/sci/software/reflex/
- AstroGrid workflow system: http://www.ivoa.net/documents/latest/AstrogridWorkflow.html
- VO France: http://www.france-ov.org/twiki/pub/GROUPEStravail/Workflow/adass2007.pdf
Unfortunately, it does not look like that we are close on an agreed format for workflow management.