Add information of how to set number of cores with OpenMP to user documentation
|Assigned To:||Knödlseder Jürgen||% Done:|
I have received a question by Nukri Komin about OpenMP and I don’t know the answer which is why I post it here:
Is there a way to set the maximum number of cores to be used by OpenMP? E.g. is it possible to set this during the configure step?
#2 Updated by Knödlseder Jürgen over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assigned To set to Knödlseder Jürgen
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
It is not possible to fix this number at compile time.
The number of threads for OpenMP is actually set by an environment variable, so it’s sufficient to set this variable before starting the code:
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=<number of threads to use>
This information should be added to the user documentation.
#4 Updated by Knödlseder Jürgen over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Support to Action
- Subject changed from Limit OpenMP cores during configure step? to Add information of how to set number of cores with OpenMP to user documentation
Changed title and type of tracker to not forget about adding this to the documentation.