Add csinfo script
|Assigned To:||Deil Christoph||% Done:|
I propose to add a csinfo Python script which has options to print some basic info about the installed Gammalib and ctools software.
1. List of tools with one-line description what they are
3. Maybe some info about dependencies and config options, like whether CFITSIO or OpenMP or readline are available or not.
I think for 1. the solution is to just have the list as a string in the Python script directly (i.e. manually maintained).
For 2. I’m not sure how to best do this .... we should put the version string in the Python package and make it available via version.
For 3. I have no idea how to access this info ... we could just not do that part for now.
#1 Updated by Deil Christoph almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
I’ve started working on this:
For now it’s not a GApplication ... I started with that, but then I noticed that I don’t need or even want a pfiles interface.
Jürgen, is this OK?
One thought I had was that it would be better to split the info gathering and printing.
This would allow e.g. storing all the info also with one command in a JSON file and allow reading it back.
#2 Updated by Deil Christoph almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Pull request
Does this look OK?
#3 Updated by Knödlseder Jürgen almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Pull request to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
devel, some small adjustments done during merge.
#4 Updated by Deil Christoph almost 8 years ago
Can you please pull this commit
or just add these two lines to the Gammalib and ctools
#5 Updated by Deil Christoph almost 8 years ago
Can you please pull these two commits?