ctools release 1.0.0
ctools release 1.0.0¶
This page summarizes information on the ctools 1.0.0 release.
Release plan¶The plan is to release ctools version 1.0.0 and the associated gammalib version 1.0.0 by the end of the year 2014. Prior to this release will be a the release of ctools version 0.8.0 and gammalib version 0.9.0 which aims to contain all functionalities of the 1.0.0 release. This pre-release is expected in November 2014. The activities between the pre-release and the version 1.0.0 comprise:
- public interface review (parameter files, method and class names)
- scientific validation (including generation of pull distributions)
- performance validation (computing speed, memory usage)
- documentation (code documentation, user manual, tutorials, FAQ)
- example scripts (illustrating the ctools usage)
Any new features that should be added for the 1.0.0 release should be committed into the pre-release. Between pre-release and 1.0.0 release, no new features should be added (emphasize should be on validation). The bases of the release paper will be the pre-release code, with updates using the 1.0.0 version in case that bugs have been discovered during the validation of the pre-release.